151 learners taking this course
Parkour Strength Online is the 80/20 of what you should know about parkour strength & conditioning, in a new & improved digital format. Building upon our 15+ years of research & development across multiple parkour schools IRL & remote, this course will help you accelerate athletic development, mitigate injuries, & expand coaching skills.
Your head coach: Ryan Ford
- Founder of Apex School of Movement HQ, Apex Denver, & Apex Boulder
- Author of the Parkour Strength Training book
- Practicing parkour since 2004 (professionally from 2005-2013)
- Coaching parkour & strength training since 2006, coaching athletics since 2004 (soccer, football, basketball, baseball, tennis)
- Featured by the New Yorker, TEDx, ESPN E:60, & more
- Performed parkour for the U.S. Embassy, K-Swiss, BET, Steve Madden, Cisco, & more
What’s included in Parkour Strength Online?
- Access to a renowned parkour strength training curriculum developed by Ryan & Apex schools since 2006
- 101 lessons with a new & improved mixed-media format including text notes, 400+ animated GIFs, & 700+ demo videos
- 8+ hrs of coaching review & analysis of each lesson
- 13 quizzes to test your understanding of key principles
- Lifetime updates to the evolving Parkour Strength Online knowledge base
- Direct access to Ryan & other Apex coaches via course comments, email, etc.
- 30-day money-back guarantee (full refund policy)
- Become a better athlete with the 80/20 of key parkour strength concepts & movements
- Mitigate injuries by properly preparing your body for parkour
- Build mobility for safe, sustainable training
- Explore your environment & train safely indoors or outdoors
- Remedy the common setbacks that plague parkour newcomers
- Use common obstacles for strength training (benches, handrails, walls, high bars, stairs, etc)
- Prep/prehab your lower body using the skill of rail balancing
- Fine-tune your jump/land mechanics with proper prereqs & plyometrics
- Improve your climb-up through a variety of drills, skills, & strength work
- Develop a healthier spine through quality bridge training
- Hone your hand balancing skills on flat ground & with obstacles
- Design & execute an effective parkour strength & conditioning program, for yourself or others
- Cross-train with parkour basics relevant to your run/jump/land/climb sport of choice
- Excel in speed/skill/style themed parkour competitions
Who’s it for?
- Parkour athletes, artists, & educators of all ages, abilities, etc.
- Fitness enthusiasts & professionals who want to incorporate basic parkour skills into workouts & programs
- People who are sick of boring, ineffective workouts with little real-world application
- Athletes from other sports who want to become more well-rounded through cross-training parkour
- Anyone who wants to move & feel better in everyday life
What do I need?
- The drive to improve your athleticism while learning engaging skills
- Any device with Internet access (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, etc)
- A park, gym, campus, etc. with common features like grassy fields, stairs, low walls, benches, handrails, & high bars
- A body without major injuries or other medical problems. Please check with your doctor before beginning this course!
- Director / head coach: Ryan Ford
- Writers: Ryan Ford, Taylor Carpenter
- Producers: Ryan Ford, Taylor Carpenter, Amos Rendao
- Athletes/talent: Taylor Carpenter, Ryan Ford, Olof Wood, James MacDonald, Matt Jang, Bear Schneider, Max Boice
- Camera/visuals: Ryan Ford, Taylor Carpenter
- Special thanks to the communities of Apex Denver, Apex Boulder, Apex San Diego, & Apex Remote