Many of our coaches are at the forefront of developing high quality and innovative parkour training methods through projects such as Amos’ Parkour Ukemi & Parkour Randori, as well as Ryan’s Parkour Strength Training. We’ve also helped develop many world-class athletes who have been featured in movies, performed for Cirque du Soleil, and won international parkour competitions. Some of these athletes and artists include Brandon Douglass, Renae Dambly, Kristine Dietrich, Rob Schihl, Paul Kasemir, Dylan Baker, Erica Madrid, Mason Fleet, Justin Clark, Jesse Clark, Brian Arnold, Dante Grazioli, and Camille Leblanc-Bazinet.
During this certification, you will experience the basic skills of parkour in both lab and lecture environments. Through hands-on participation, you will learn to refine your own technique, as well as how to coach other people. Through classroom discussion, you will learn the science behind the movement and how to run a successful parkour program. Through drills, mock lessons, and practical application, you will learn to coach diverse human movement. Throughout the certification, we will challenge the status quo of health and fitness and discover the natural laws that affect the ways in which we move. The certification was designed to provide parkour coaches with the necessary knowledge and experience to maintain the true spirit of parkour and teach beginning practitioners safely and effectively. Only those who pass the written and practical tests at the end will earn the title of “Apex Level 1 Certified Coach.”
To recap, you will learn:
- Parkour philosophy & history
- Safe & sustainable training
- Coaching principles
- Movement science
- Parkour skills & progressions
- Running a successful parkour program
To register for the Apex level 1 coaching certification, you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years old
- Minimum 1 year parkour experience and competency in parkour fundamentals (quadrupedal movement, rolling, balancing, vaulting, etc.)
- Some experience coaching parkour or similar movement styles
- Complete our online application
- Receive confirmation and approval of your application
- To save your spot, full payment must be made no later than 14 days before the event
To earn your certificate of completion, you must:
- Participate in the full event
- Demonstrate competency at basic parkour movements during the event
- Pass the written test at the end of the event (80% grade or higher)
- Pass the practical coaching tests after the event (via video submissions or live evaluation)for
Upon completion of our LVL 1 certification, you will also receive:
- Job opportunities within the Apex coaching network
- Access to our exclusive Facebook group for certified coaches
- Follows, reposts, & other features on our website and social networks
- Tips on finding insurance coverage
- A Certificate of Completion recognizing you as a Apex LVL 1 certified coach capable of: 1.) Teaching the basic movements and spirit of parkour 2.) Leading group parkour classes in a controlled, familiar environment for beginners (less than 6 months training)
Early bird: $875 (until 30 days before)
Full price: $975 (within 30 days)
Each purchase includes:
- 1 spot in an upcoming Apex level 1 coaching certification (IRL event)
- 1 copy of our Parkour 100 Series training program (a digital curriculum for parkour beginners + study materials for certification)
- 1 copy of our Parkour Strength Online course (a digital collection of parkour athlete/coach physical education + study materials for certification)
- No refunds. All sales are final but if you need it, we’ll credit you for a later date or transfer your spot to someone else.
Who Should Attend?
Parkour Athletes, Coaches, & Leaders
This certification is designed for parkour specialists who wish to take their own practice, as well as their coaching skills, to the next level.
Coaches and personal trainers of all backgrounds will learn a comprehensive system of concepts of movements with many real-life applications. Additionally, the Apex method offers invaluable cross-training potential for athletes and clients of all types.
Host an event
Want to bring a Apex event to your location? We would love to come visit your community. Let’s get something on the schedule!
Send us an email: email@example.com
Looking for a custom parkour seminar designed for your unique group? We have special curriculum for military, law enforcement, kids, seniors, & more.
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our email list to be notified of upcoming events, special offers, & more.