Since 2004, we’ve traveled the world, studying parkour with some of the oldest and best parkour communities in the world. It has been our goal to not only improve our own skills but also find the best training and teaching methods for all. We have also worked with leading researchers in fields such as biomechanics, physical therapy, chiropractic, martial arts, and fitness to better understand human movement. Through this journey, we have learned that while parkour is the root of all human movement, the safe and efficient practice of parkour as a serious discipline is understood and practiced by few, and coached by even fewer.
Our coaching certification was born in 2014 in order to empower the international parkour, freerunning, and art du déplacement community by bringing awareness to sustainable training methods, developing the highest quality of coaching, and promoting safe educational facilities. We also aim to innovate movement science, parkour techniques, and progression methodology in order to aid the parkour community’s collective knowledge as well as sports science in general.
Our coaches are continually at the forefront of developing some of the best, innovative training methods in parkour. Additionally, we have trained elite athletes who have been featured in TV shows and movies, performed around the world, and won international parkour competitions. Some of these top athletes include Dylan Baker, Taylor Carpenter, Brandon Douglass, Renae Dambly, Kristine Dietrich, Rob Schihl, Paul Kasemir, Jason Bergeron, Erica Madrid, Seth Wang, Amos Rendao, Justin Clark, Jesse Clark, Olof Wood, Brian Arnold, Dante Grazioli, Michael Sliger, and Camille Leblanc-Bazinet.
Throughout this course, you will experience the basic techniques of parkour in lab and lecture environments. Through hands-on participation, you will learn to refine your own technique and how to improve other people’s. During classroom discussion, you will learn the science behind movement and how to run a successful parkour gym or program. With drills, mock classes, and practical applications, you will learn to coach the skill of moving the human body.
Throughout the certification, we will challenge the status quo of health and fitness and discover the natural laws that affect the ways in which we move. The certification was designed to provide parkour coaches with the necessary knowledge and experience to maintain the true spirit of parkour and teach beginning practitioners safely and effectively. Only those who pass the written and practical tests at the end will earn the title of “Apex Certified Parkour Coach.”
To recap, you’ll learn:
- Parkour philosophy & history
- Safe & sustainable training
- Coaching principles
- Movement science
- Parkour skills & progressions
- Running a successful parkour program
To register for the Apex level 1 coaching certification, you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years old
- Minimum 1 year parkour experience and competency in parkour fundamentals (quadrupedal movement, landing, rolling, balancing, vaulting, etc.)
- Some experience coaching parkour or similar movement styles
- Complete our online application
- Receive confirmation and approval of your application
- To save your spot, full payment must be made no later than 14 days before the event
To earn your certificate of completion, you must:
- Participate in the full event
- Demonstrate competency at basic parkour movements during the event
- Pass the written test at the end of the event (80% grade or higher)
- Pass the practical coaching tests after the event (via video submissions or live evaluation)
Upon completion of our LVL 1 certification, you will also receive:
- Job opportunities within the Apex coaching network
- Access to our exclusive Facebook group for certified coaches
- Follows, reposts, & other features on our website and social networks
- Tips on finding insurance coverage
- A Certificate of Completion recognizing you as a Apex L1 certified coach capable of: 1.) Teaching the basic movements and spirit of parkour 2.) Leading group parkour classes in a controlled, familiar environment for beginners (less than 6 months training)
Early bird: $875 (until 30 days before)
Full price: $975 (within 30 days)
Each purchase includes:
- 1 spot in an upcoming Apex level 1 coaching certification (IRL event)
- 1 copy of our Parkour 100 Series training program (a digital curriculum for parkour beginners + study materials for certification)
- 1 copy of our Parkour Strength Online course (a digital collection of parkour athlete/coach physical education + study materials for certification)
- No refunds. All sales are final but if you need it, we’ll credit you for a later date or transfer your spot to someone else.
Who should attend?
Parkour athletes, coaches, & leaders
This certification is designed for parkour specialists who wish to take their own practice, as well as their coaching skills, to the next level.
Coaches and personal trainers of all backgrounds will learn a comprehensive system of concepts of movements with many real-life applications. Additionally, the Apex method offers invaluable cross-training potential for athletes and clients of all types.
Host an event
Want to bring a Apex event to your location? We would love to come visit your community. Let’s get something on the schedule!
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a custom parkour seminar designed for your unique group? We have special curriculum for military, law enforcement, kids, seniors, & more.
Send us an email: email@example.com
Subscribe to our email list to be notified of upcoming events, special offers, & more.