Parkour for schools
We offer a variety of ways to work with your students. Because every school has different needs, we have worked with schools in a variety of ways including:
- Arrangements at our gym (onsite) OR at your facility (offsite).
- After school programs.
- Classes to supplement physical education programs.
- Workshops to supplement science units.
- Guest speaking/performances at assemblies.
- Summer camps/enrichment programs
If you’d like to set up something for your school or youth program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parkour is an art of movement in which you train the body and mind to overcome obstacles.
- Parkour emphasizes strength, flexibility, balance, body control, creativity, fluidity, discipline, and precision.
- Parkour movements include running, jumping, vaulting, climbing, balancing, and crawling.
- Parkour training focuses on safety, responsibility, overcoming fear, and self-improvement. It discourages reckless behavior and showing off.
- Parkour practitioners value community, humility, sharing of knowledge, and the importance of play, while demonstrating respect for all people, places, and spaces.
Since 2007, we have worked with the following schools and organizations:
- Parkour club classes – Denver University (October 2010-Current)
- P.E. classes – STEM Middle School, Highlands Ranch (Apr. 2014)
- Lectures and workshops – Belleview Elementary School (Oct. 2013)
- Summer camp – Logan School for Creative Learning, Denver (June 2013, July 2013)
- After school programs – Aurora Public Schools COMPASS, Denver (Aug.-Nov. 2012)
- Experiential education – Colorado Academy, Denver (May 2012, July 2013)
- School-wide workshops – Fox Ridge Middle School, Centennial (Nov. 2010, Nov. 2011, Nov. 2012, Apr. 2013, Apr 2014)
- After school programs – The Odyssey School, Stapleton (Nov. 2007-2011)
- After school programs, summer camps – Foothills Academy, Wheat Ridge (Nov. 2008-2011)
- After school programs – cityWILD, Denver (Feb. 2009-May 2010)
- After school programs – Westerly Creek Elementary School, Stapleton (Nov. 2007-May 2009)
- P.E. classes – Long View High School, Lakewood (Feb. 2009-May 2009)
- Field trip – Stage Combat Club, Metro State College of Denver (July 2010)
- Field trip – The Colorado Springs School, Colorado Springs (May 2010)
- Lectures and workshops – Arapahoe County Public Libraries (Mar.-Apr 2010)
- Field trip – CORE Club, Regis University, Denver (January 2010)
- Lectures and workshops – Jefferson County Public Libraries (June-July 2009)
- After school programs – Oberon Middle School, Arvada (Oct.-Dec. 2007)