- This event has passed.
Redmond, Washington — ParkourEDU Level 1 Coaching Certification
October 21, 2018 @ 9:00 am - October 23, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
* Early bird discount ends Sept 30
ParkourEDU coaches are continually at the forefront of developing high quality and innovative parkour training methods. Much of this work can be found in projects such as Amos Rendao’s Parkour Ukemi & Parkour Randori, as well as Ryan Ford’s Parkour Strength Training. We have also trained elite athletes who have been featured in TV shows & movies, performed around the world, and won international parkour competitions. Some of these top athletes include Dylan Baker, Erica Madrid, Brandon Douglass, Brian Arnold, Meagan Martin, and Camille Leblanc-Bazinet.
During this certification, you will experience the basic skills of parkour in both lab and lecture environments. Through hands-on participation, you will learn to refine your own technique, as well as how to coach other people. Through classroom discussion, you will learn the science behind the movement and how to run a successful parkour program. Through drills, mock lessons, and practical application, you will learn to coach diverse human movement. Throughout the certification, we will challenge the status quo of health and fitness and discover the natural laws that affect the ways in which we move. The certification was designed to provide parkour coaches with the necessary knowledge and experience to maintain the true spirit of parkour and teach beginning practitioners safely and effectively. Only those who pass the written and practical tests at the end will earn the title of “ParkourEDU Level 1 Certified Coach.”
To recap, you will learn:
- Parkour philosophy & history
- Safe & sustainable training
- Coaching principles
- Movement science
- Parkour skills & progressions
- Running a successful parkour program
To register and participate in the ParkourEDU Level 1 Coaching Certification, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- 18 yrs. old
- Minimum 1 yr. of parkour experience and competency of the basics (QM, rolls, balancing, vaults, etc.)
- Some experience in coaching parkour or similar movement practices
- Complete the online application
- Receive, via email, confirmation and approval of the application
- Full payment must be made no later than 7 days before the certification
To earn your certificate of completion, you must:
- Participate in the full certification event
- Demonstrate competency at basic parkour movements during the certification
- Pass the written test at the end of the certification event (80% grade or higher)
- Pass the practical coaching tests after the certification (via video submissions or live evaluation)
Upon completion of our LVL 1 certification, you will also receive:
- Job opportunities within the ParkourEDU network
- Access to our exclusive Facebook group for certified coaches
- Follows, reposts, & other features on our website and social networks
- Tips on finding insurance coverage
- A Certificate of Completion recognizing you as a ParkourEDU LVL 1 certified coach capable of: 1.) Teaching the basic movements and spirit of parkour 2.) Leading group parkour classes in a controlled, familiar environment for beginners (less than 6 months training)
* Includes 3-day certifcation course plus study guide in the form of our Parkour 100 Series, $1184 value)
- $889 early bird discount until Sept 30 (save 25%)
- $989 after Oct 1 (save 17%)
Who Should Attend?
Parkour Athletes & Coaches
This certification is designed for parkour athletes who wish to take their own practice, as well as their coaching skills, to the next level.
Coaches and personal trainers of all backgrounds will learn a comprehensive system of concepts of movements with many real-life applications. Additionally, the ParkourEDU method offers invaluable cross-training potential for athletes and clients of all types.