What is Parkour?
- Parkour is an art of movement in which you train the body and mind to overcome obstacles.
- Parkour emphasizes strength, flexibility, balance, body control, creativity, fluidity, discipline, and precision.
- Parkour movements include running, jumping, vaulting, climbing, balancing, and crawling.
- Parkour training focuses on safety, responsibility, overcoming fear, and self-improvement. It discourages reckless behavior and showing off.
- Parkour practitioners value community, humility, sharing of knowledge, and the importance of play, while demonstrating respect for all people, places, and spaces.
Parkour for Schools
- APEX Movement offers a variety of ways to work with your students. Because every school has different needs, we have worked with schools in a variety of ways including:
- Arrangements at our gym (onsite) OR at your facility (offsite).
- After school programs.
- Classes to supplement physical education programs.
- Workshops to supplement science units.
- Guest speaking/performances at assemblies.
- Summer camps/enrichment programs.If you would like to set up something for your school or youth program, please send an email to email@example.com.
Since 2007, we have worked with the following schools and organizations:
- Parkour club classes – Denver University (October 2010-Current)
- P.E. classes – STEM Middle School, Highlands Ranch (Apr. 2014)
- Lectures and workshops – Belleview Elementary School (Oct. 2013)
- Summer camp – Logan School for Creative Learning, Denver (June 2013, July 2013)
- After school programs – Aurora Public Schools COMPASS, Denver (Aug.-Nov. 2012)
- Experiential education – Colorado Academy, Denver (May 2012, July 2013)
- School-wide workshops – Fox Ridge Middle School, Centennial (Nov. 2010, Nov. 2011, Nov. 2012, Apr. 2013, Apr 2014)
- After school programs – The Odyssey School, Stapleton (Nov. 2007-2011)
- After school programs, summer camps – Foothills Academy, Wheat Ridge (Nov. 2008-2011)
- After school programs – cityWILD, Denver (Feb. 2009-May 2010)
- After school programs – Westerly Creek Elementary School, Stapleton (Nov. 2007-May 2009)
- P.E. classes – Long View High School, Lakewood (Feb. 2009-May 2009)
- Field trip – Stage Combat Club, Metro State College of Denver (July 2010)
- Field trip – The Colorado Springs School, Colorado Springs (May 2010)
- Lectures and workshops – Arapahoe County Public Libraries (Mar.-Apr 2010)
- Field trip – CORE Club, Regis University, Denver (January 2010)
- Lectures and workshops – Jefferson County Public Libraries (June-July 2009)
- After school programs – Oberon Middle School, Arvada (Oct.-Dec. 2007)